Pardeys staff will provide you with very comprehensive support as you work through the IVF program.
- maintain the stability of medication through careful cold chain processes and advice on storage.
- provide all injection consumables including needles, syringes, swabs and sharps disposal container at no charge.
- provide counselling and written information on injection technique.
- ensure you have access to medication at all times, 8.30am to 7.00pm 7 days (pharmacy trading hours) and emergency access outside these hours (ph David 0417356549).
- maintain our stock levels with the aim of always being able to supply you on the spot.
Do you have private health insurance?
In addition to hospital cover many people have private prescription cover. You may know it as "extras", "ancillaries" or "dental" cover. If so ask us for a receipt, you may be eligible for a refund.
For drug information and tips on administering Pregnyl, Clexane and Progesterone pessaries go to the links below...
- Illustrated description
- Breaking glass ampoules
- Video demonstration (link coming soon)
- Pregnyl drug information
- Clexane drug information (coming soon)
- Progesterone pessary drug information (coming soon)
Use of Progesterone Pessaries...
Adequate progesterone levels are important for becoming pregnant and maintaining pregnancy. Your doctor will advise the appropriate duration of treatment.
Progesterone pessaries are inserted into the vagina usually twice daily (first thing in the morning and at bedtime)
We recommend you remain lying down for 30 minutes after inserting the pessary to aid absorption of the progesterone.
It is normal to experience discharge when using progesterone pessaries.
Sexual activity is fine once discharge has cleared.
Storage of progesterone pessaries in the fridge will ensure they remain unmelted until use. They are however stable at room temperature up to 25 degrees C.
We will support you in any way we can. Good luck with your IVF!